LFTA offers an approved course to obtain the Flight Instructor (airplane) rating according to EASA-FCL. The privileges of the holder of a FI(A) rating are to conduct flight instruction for the issue of the PPL(A). LFTA also offers courses for Instrument Rating Instructor (IRI), Class Rating Instructor (CRI) and Multi-Crew-Cooperation Instructor (MCC-I) as well as FI refresher courses. Working as a Flight Instructor will be an essential stepping stone for your professional carreer.
Pre-Entry Requirements are:
- Minimum age of 18
- Valid PPL(A) EASA-FCL, CPL(A) or ATPL(A) license
- Valid medical certificate of at least class 2
- At least 200h flight time, of which at least:
- ATPL(A) or CPL(A) holders 100h PIC, PPL(A) holders 150h PIC;
- 30 flight hours on single engine piston airplane, of which 5h must have been done within the last six months prior to pre-examination;
- 10 flight hours of instrument flight training (IR or CVFR),of which a maximum of 5h hours may be completed on an FSTD or FNPT II;
- 20 hours cross country flights as PIC, including one flight of at least 540km, including at least two landings on airports different from the start airport.
- Evidence of CPL (A) knowledge according to JAR-FCL 1.470 (this may be satisfied by a passed theoretical exam for CPL(A) or ATPL(A))
- Pre-examination by an FI(A) of the flight school to be passed within six months and at the latest one week prior to beginning of the training, based on the proficiency check according to appendix 3 of EASA-FCL.